Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hey, Hester Answered My Question: How Cool!




“Flash a-ah
Savior of the Universe
Flash
He save everyone of us
Flash
He's a miracle
Flash
King of the impossible
He's for everyone of us
Stand for everyone of us
He save with a mighty hand
Every man every woman
Every chill-he's a mighty
Flash
Just a man
With a man's courage
Nothing but a man
But he can never fail
No-one but the pure at heart
May find the Golden Grail…”

--Freddie Mercury of Queen from the Flash Gordon Soundtrack.



On a whim, I wrote to the Chicago Bears Official Site to see if they would print my question to Devin Hester.

This is a trick to a degree, because I write once every few weeks and Larry Meyer (the official blog writer) never answers my questions because I do not believe in vanilla questions with an obvious pro-Bear answer. Let’s face it; they let many people down this year with the expectations falling way short. Needless to say, I was surprised they printed my question due to my more than cynical questions of the past.

Here it is with “Oh Thank Heaven for” Devin’s answer.

21. What advice would you give a rookie in terms of dealing with the media and fame?
--Eric S.Normal, Illinois
Answer: “You’ve got to stay levelheaded. And the biggest thing is never be negative. You’ve always got to be positive.”

Ok, not groundbreaking on question or answer, but still very cool. I also sent him some advice on how to run back kicks and catch the ball; but that’s private stuff between us two new pals.

The rest of the questions and the answers can be found here:
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4502

Have a Great Season, Mr. Hester. The Chicago Bear Fans NEED You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home