Monday, November 30, 2009

Unfortuantely, The Chicago Bears Have "A Lot Of Football To Be Played"


"I'm a Loser, I'm a Loser,
And I'm not what I appear to be..."
--John Lennon of the Beatles, 1965.
Another terrific loss by the Bears!

I mean, you really have to try to lose that badly.

That game was pitiful. When will they learn: the cover two does not work if your middle linebacker and your safety are not in synch and superior athletes. Two touchdowns: one to the tight end and the other to a mid range receiver were directly tied to Farve picking apart the “cover two.”

Mark, my brother, called me on the Bears first series and I picked the first and second play the Bears would run on their first offensive series and Mark picked the third. WE both agreed with each other and we were absolutely dead on correct. If a guy from Illinois and another from Ohio can predict what is happening in Minnesota, why doesn’t Ron Turner think a Defensive coach with more knowledge than either of us have can do the exact same?

Someone has to be fired at this point, and I think the “fall guy” will be Ron Turner. I also think Lovie has another “Lovie Buddy” in Ron Martz waiting in the wing. I am not saying Ron Turner deserves to keep his job, but this is just putting a band-aid on a gaping wound. If Turner goes, then the Bears are going to keep Lovie around until it is too obvious. Why haven’t we heard Ron Marinelli’s name lately? Oh, I know, because the Defensive line sucks. How about Bruce Babbich? Oh, that’s because the linebackers are woeful with Urlacher. How about Harry Hiestand and Luke Butkis? Who are they, you may ask? Why they are respectively the Head O-Line and Assist O-Line Coaches. Do those two have a job when the season is over?

And if we want to replace the coaches, let’s look at who brought in all of the “talent” and let the “worthless” players go. I think talent evaluation is the key to success. I mean, yesterday’s game showed what a waste Bernard Berrian was to the roster; his yardage was so much worse than Hester’s wasn’t it? And Orlando Pace played so well, didn’t he? Didn’t the Bears lose a draft pick to have an impact player like Gaines Adams added to the roster? His impact has been tremendous, yes?

So our Genius Football Guru, Jerry Angelo, should do the respectable thing and step down. If he cannot do the respectable thing, then the McCaskeys ought to fire him.

I am so tired of hearing the same old dreck from Lovie after a game…”we missed opportunities…lots of football left…we are a good football team…blah blah blah.” First, you missed a great opportunity in not resigning Berrian. You have a lot of football left? Great, can’t wait to see who else slaughters us. You are not the coach of a good football team, or even a mediocre one. You are the coach of a bad team because the play calling and personnel are weak. Cut through the “crap” (your word, not mine) and be honest.

Ironically, after the Bears “tremendous” loss, NFL.com sent me an email to purchase Chicago Bears Merchandise at 20% off. I wouldn’t buy that “crap” (Lovie’s word, not mine) for 80% off.

Thank Goodness it is hockey season.

Go Blackhawks.

I have a new slogan for the Blackhawks: “Watch da ‘Hawks; it’s better than watchin’ da Bears!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home