Wednesday, July 09, 2008

WOW, MY 200th POST: ALL HAIL THE IPOD!



"I am a DJ; I am what I play..."

--David Bowie.

I have to admit, I have been more than a little critical of some of my brother’s ideas. I mean, he is a Marvel guy and I am a DC guy.

He likes Elvis, and I am a Beatles fan.

He likes Godzilla; I am more of a King Kong person.

He does not like the Police, Jethro Tull, and The Ramones. He likes Jimmy Buffet, Slim Whitman, and the Rat Pack (none of which are my favorites).

Still he is a nice guy.

He suggested when I was visiting my folks in Florida that I buy an IPOD. He also suggested since I own so many CD’s that I buy the 160 gig ones which were new in the fall.

It cost me over $350.00 and it is the single best purchase I made. I can hook it up to my stereo, my car’s system, and I can carry it when I work out.

The sound quality is crystal clear. It is easier than lugging my CD’s everywhere. I bought a external hard-drive to back up my songs, which has been perfect.

For any reader who is glancing at this without owning an IPOD. Stop freaking reading and go buy one. This is beautiful.

As I drive, I program my songs.

I scramble them at home and just jam.

The sound is really great.

Since I have such a huge collection of CD’s, I decided to add songs by group. So far, I have my favorites and most of the albums associated with AC/Dc; Aerosmith; Alice Cooper; Angel Witch; Avantasia; Axenstar; BTO; The Beach Boys; The Beatles; Billy Idol; Black Sabbath; Blondie; BOC; Bob Dylan; Boston; Brian Setzer; Bruce Springsteen; Buddy Holly; The Cars; Cheap Trick; Chuck Berry; The Clash; Collective Soul; Elvis Costello; Counting Crows; Dark Moor; Dave Edmunds; David Bowie; Deep Purple; Def Leppard; Devo; Dio; Dire Straits; Dragon Force; Eddie Cochran; Elvis Presley; Epica; Evanescence; Fats Domino; Fleetwood Mac; Gene Vincent; George Harrison; Guns and Roses; Hammerfall; Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio); Helloween; Iced Earth; Iron Maiden; The Jam; Jethro Tull; Judas Priest; Kamelot; Kansas; The Kinks; Kiss; Led Zeppelin; Lindsey Buckingham; Live; Marc Bolan; Marilyn Manson; Meatloaf; Megadeth; Metallica; Nazareth; Nirvana; Ozzy Osborne; Paul McCartney; Pete Townshend; Pink Floyd; The Police; Primal Fear; Prince; Queen; R.E.M.; Rainbow; The Ramones; Rhapsody; Rob Zombie; The Rolling Stones; Roy Orbison; Rush; The Scorpions; Slade; Slayer; Sonata Arctica; Stratovarius; The Stray Cats; Sweet; T-Rex; Tom Petty; Traveling Wilburys; Triumph; U2; UFO; Van Halen; The Who; 3 Doors Down; Warren Zevon; and countless compilations.

There are so many more groups to go; but it has been fun. So far I have 21 days of continuous music.

And the groups I play the most include Meatloaf; Kamelot Sonata Arctica; The Rolling Stones; The Cars; The Jam; Cheap Trick; and Eddie Cochran.

Rock On, Kiddies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark M. Sweetwood said...

For the record, I liked The Ramones before you ever heard of them!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Eric Sweetwood said...

OK, but I remember when you were pissed about Elvis Costello because of his name--first album? Yeah, I went there.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home