Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Bears Draft So Far




"I can see clearly now the rain has gone...


I can see all obsticles in my way..."

The Chicago Bears have made two good picks, thus far in the draft. They grabbed Chris Williams to save their weak and aging offensive line. He is from Vanderbilt, is quick, strong, and smart. All of which makes a good deal for the Bears.



They also picked him so they can move John Tait over to the Right side where he plays his best. Again, thinking of the team and how to help.

In what I considered a startling move, the Bears drafted Matt Forte in the second round. He is a running back from Tulane. Hey Cedric Benson, hear the footsteps? Yeah, I thought so.



Even in an interview Jerry Angelo is quoted as saying: “Maybe he’s (Benson) not the featured back we thought he’d be,” Angelo said of Benson. “He played well as a complementing back with Thomas [Jones]. When we thought we were starting to see a little something [last season], then he breaks his ankle.”

No, Bright-guy Jer, he’s not even close to the back you thought he was. He is a bust if he does not break out next season.

I was so glad the Bears did not draft the smallish Mendenhall from the U of I. I am all for local talent and he had a banner career in the Big Ten, but the Bears have a smallish running back in Garret Wolfe, and let’s see what he can do first.

The Bears also selected Earl Bennett, a wide receiver from Vanderbilt. I wonder if he will make the team that has Marty Booker, Brandon Lloyd and Mark Bradley? Hmm…you think?



Anyways, I suggest sometime today, the Bears snag a safety and a quarterback. More news to follow…



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're giving Benson until this year to break out? He has has 3 seasons to do that. After the beginning of last season I considered him a bust. He's got his money, now he is done.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home