Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Question The Bears Players' Heart; So I Have Some Questions

“I’m a Loser
And I’m not what I appear to be…”
--John Lennon of the Beatles, 1965.

Let me begin by stating that I love the Chicago Bears. It is one of the truly fine things I look forward to watching, week in and week out.

I own the 1985 season on DVD. I also own 1986 and most games since 1988.

That stated, what I saw tonight was a pure mess.

I am now decompressing with an Erdinger Octoberfest Weizen beer. Other than seeing Jen, this is the best thing I have enjoyed this evening.

The Bear game, on the other hand, was a complete debacle.

This team has no Heart. They cannot readjust to problems within the game. Since I question their heart, I have some heartfelt questions.

Some questions for Ron Turner to begin:
Why let a rookie who has never touched the ball, run on a third and one play for a touchdown?

Why do you only throw the ball to Hester?

Why do you have a job? Seriously. Do us a favor if you cannot answer the question and quit, with a little pride still intact.

Some questions for Bob Babich and the Defense:
Do you guys know how to tackle?

Tillman, why in the world did you turn in and ignore Berrian streaking past you?

Why is Hillenmeyer not starting?

When is Tommie Harris going to show us why he has earned 10 million a year?

Why don’t you guys pick up a real safety?

Do you know what a sack is against a team that has won more than three games?

Who still thinks Dusty is good?

Some questions for the offense?
Orton, do you understand that your players wear either Blue or white? Purple is not on your team.

Can we run somewheres besides straight up the middle?

Why not play Adrian Peterson more? He has more heart than anyone else.

Why don’t we have a receiver besides a tight end?

Why did we let Berrian, Bradley, and Mohamed go?

Who said Davis can catch?

Are we going to finally draft a healthy offensive lineman so when we let St. Clair go (nice guy by the way—nothing personal) or have St. Clair as a back-up, the new player can block?

Who told Lloyd he could catch?

Why is Booker here and not on the geriatric squad? I think he is older than my brother.

And lastly questions for Lovie:
Do you have any courage? You seem to play not to lose instead of playing to win.

Do you understand that players who make millions can handle being chewed out when they suck. By the way, sharpen your teeth, as you have a lot of chewing to do.

Don’t you think Babich and Turner can ruin other teams and should be fired?

Would you show some emotions on the sidelines? Anything? Huh? Please, just look pissed once in a while.

Next Week:
Next week, the Bears will play the Jags. Somehow, after watching this game and the Green Bay game, I think the Bears are the real “jags.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home