Monday, November 12, 2007

Cold Nights, Strong Beer


Long nights, impossible odds;
Keeping my back to the wall.
If it takes all that to be just what I am;
I'm gonna be a blue collar man
--Styx, Blue Collar Man from the LP Pieces of Eight, 1979.

Hi Kids.

In case you had not noticed, Fall is here and now is the time to enjoy some great winter and fall beers. Lately I have quaffed some Sprecher Pub Ale, Sprecher Bavarian Black, Tucher Dunkle Weiss, Sam Adam’s October-Fest, and some BBK Dark.

Just a reminder to my friends and foes that November 30th is the 12 Beers of Christmas at Fat Jacks. Join me, as I will be hosting the event in which all proceeds go to the Humane Society.

Oh, and please visit the local Humane Society at http://www.hscipets.org/sitemenu.htm and sponsor a pet, like I did with Patrice.

Ahh…the caramelized malts and rich textures of the fall and winter brews are something to behold.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a good one you'll enjoy -- Goose Island makes a reserve beer (that comes in four packs) called Pere Jaques. I had some at an Octoberfest tasting and it is AWESOME! It's a Belgian style ale. Speaking of Belgian style beers, have you tried Fat Tire yet? Highly recommended!

-Scott McAdams (mcadams9@gmail.com)

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home